01 May, 2009

 

Static Breath-hold PB 02:51

I know that in absolute terms a static breath-hold of 2 minutes and 51 seconds is nothing to shout about; after all, the current world record is 10:12, set by Tom SIETAS in 2008. But, for me, since my previous personal best (PB) was 02:00 that is a significant jump.

The last two weeks I've been using O2 and CO2 tables based on 2:00, as well as resistance breathing using straws. I'm sure this has had an effect on me as it felt different this time. I normally get the uncontrollable urge to breath building up steadily when getting close to 02:00, and I did as I was warming-up this time (00:12, 00:24, 00:36, 00:48, 01:00, 01:12, 01:24, 01:36 and 01:48). However, it seemed not as intense this time, almost as though it had plateaued (I'm not sure when it started to plateaued because I was busy trying to think about something else). I got my usual spasms in my hands and arms but it wasn't as bad as I'd have thought. I started to wonder how long I could hold on and attempted to distract myself but it wasn't long before I decided to stop. I must say I was rather surprised, verging on mild shock, when I looked at my stopwatch (phone) and saw the time. Suffice-to-say I'm feeling rather pleased with myself :-D

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?