05 July, 2006
When disposable income becomes disposed-of income
Every now and then my eye gets caught by a shiny thing and I think, 'Mmmm I'd like to have one of those, but the cold hard reality of a young family on a single income cracks me on the shin and I hobble-off to pay some more bills.
As Mr. E. Blackadder once put it,
"One is born, one runs up bills one dies. Honestly Baldrick, sometimes I feel like a Pelican. Everywhere I turn there's an enormous bill in front of me",
and I chuckle to myself when people, without children, scoff at me for worrying about whether a new laptop battery will cost you £90 or £70.
Just wait until you've got a wife, two young children, a house that needs redecorating, cars breaking-down, credit cards, holidays, unpaid holiday.
It'll hurt buster, it'll hurt!
As Mr. E. Blackadder once put it,
"One is born, one runs up bills one dies. Honestly Baldrick, sometimes I feel like a Pelican. Everywhere I turn there's an enormous bill in front of me",
and I chuckle to myself when people, without children, scoff at me for worrying about whether a new laptop battery will cost you £90 or £70.
Just wait until you've got a wife, two young children, a house that needs redecorating, cars breaking-down, credit cards, holidays, unpaid holiday.
It'll hurt buster, it'll hurt!
