01 May, 2006
If you're in a hole, stop digging...
The other night I had a dream, nothing unusual in that, but every now-and-then they seem to have more meaning than others...
So there I was in a car, driving into a car park and there was a police car there too. Now, for some reason the police men told me that they though my driving was 'quite possibly the worst they'd ever scene'!
(I don't know why they said that but they did)
I thought, well if I go and park neatly they might think better of me.
So I chose my spot to park, entered they parking bay, stopped and put the handbreak on. What happened next took me by surprise. The car began to roll over and end-up on it's roof gently rocking from side-to-side.
As I hung there upside, down from my seat belt, it occurred to me that if I was going to impress anyone with my driving skills then I couldn't have done worse if I'd tried!
Moral?
I'm not sure if there is one. However, sometimes people might not like what you are doing but don't be distracted because if you worry what they're think, you may end-up looking really foolish trying to match expectations that you don't need to meet.
So there I was in a car, driving into a car park and there was a police car there too. Now, for some reason the police men told me that they though my driving was 'quite possibly the worst they'd ever scene'!
(I don't know why they said that but they did)
I thought, well if I go and park neatly they might think better of me.
So I chose my spot to park, entered they parking bay, stopped and put the handbreak on. What happened next took me by surprise. The car began to roll over and end-up on it's roof gently rocking from side-to-side.
As I hung there upside, down from my seat belt, it occurred to me that if I was going to impress anyone with my driving skills then I couldn't have done worse if I'd tried!
Moral?
I'm not sure if there is one. However, sometimes people might not like what you are doing but don't be distracted because if you worry what they're think, you may end-up looking really foolish trying to match expectations that you don't need to meet.
